Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Birthday Bonuses

Birthday's are another fun way to get freebies from restaurants and stores. I just celebrated mine, and no I will not tell my age! Let's just say old enough to learn a few savings tips but young enough to learn more!

When you are out and about, notice who has birthday clubs. I got on several mailing lists that I don't even recall signing up for. This year I received a Vicoria's Secret gift card for $10, a Mervyn's gift card for $10, a free entree at Sizzler's, a free hamburger at Red Robbins, and a free meal at Hometown Buffet. I also received discount cards from Hallmarks, Toyota service, and Bath and Body works. Not bad for just getting older! I even forgot to get my free car wash from a neighborhood business. My employer also gives a nice little bonus, two movie tickets and a $5 Starbucks gift certificate.

So start noticing which companies want to honor you (and keep your business), and you'll be pleasantly surprised. Happy Birthday to you whenever it is and many happy savings. Lisa:)

No comments: