Sunday, November 23, 2008

Medical Appointments

It's that time of year to make the most of your medical insurance. By now you have probably reached your deductible for the year. It starts all over again in January. So if you still need a flu shot, lab work, or your blood pressure checked, now is the time to make your appointment. The slots will fill up fast, as everyone else will be doing the same thing.

While it may be difficult to find the time during the holidays, it will serve your pocketbook well to find the time. Why pay more to get that "funny" spot checked on your face by waiting one more month? Need refills on prescriptions? Now is the time to get them. Most prescription plans start their deductibles over in January as well.

I just saved a bundle by going in for a mammogram. Something unusual was found and I ended up having two biopsies and then going to the hospital for surgery. Because I have already met my out of pocket for the year, it should cost me nothing. Luckily for me, all is well.

Here is hoping all is well with you too. Stay healthy in body, mind, and spirit, and in your pocketbook too!....Lisa

No comments: